October 21, 2021

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

Woman’s French Bulldog dies after eating popular household plant

Woman's French Bulldog dies after eating popular household plant

A Wisconsin woman is spreading an urgent alarm to dog owners after her beloved French bulldog died after eating a popular $ 5 home plant.

The devastated Kate Wagner, whose “energetic and energetic” puppy Lily got so bad after she cut off leaves from a sago palm, is a common plant that can be very poisonous to animals and humans.

“[Lily] So much of the sunlight in our home is missed, ”Wagner told The Post on Tuesday.

In Sign up for a Facebook Earlier this month, Wagner described his ordeal and said he was unaware that the 6-inch plant he purchased from a garden center last summer would eventually become his “worst nightmare.”

“I have seen this plant go on sale on the shelves at Walmart, Lowe’s and Home Depot.

Wagner’s one-and-a-half-year-old Booch had to fight for his life after entering Green, and had to be placed on a food pipe and medicine table.

sago palm plant.
Cover the leaves of a sago palm plant.Getty Images / iStockPhoto

He passed away on May 16 after a long struggle.

“She fought hard, loved hard, and gave us a couple butt hiccups before we could fight anymore,” Wagner wrote.

“We loved her so much. We gave her all the love and care in the few weeks since this incident. We are truly devastated.”

Now, Wagner said he’s trying to spread the word to other pets.

“If you are a home plant lover, please do research before buying your home plants. Even if you think the home plant is a safe place, mischievous little feet can still get in trouble, ”he wrote.

READ  Growth of Publix over the Years

Wagner told The Post that he would like to encourage garden centers to label toxic plants.

She pointed A tool on the ASPCA’s website Regarding household plants that are poisonous to pets, it “would have saved Lily’s life backwards.”

“I wish I knew,” he said.