ICBC increasing road tests
Picture: file image
The Coverage Company of BC is incorporating added “temporary” driver examiners and and growing its exam destinations in order to aid ease wait around occasions for highway tests.
All added exam locations are in the Decrease Mainland, Fraser Valley and Victoria.
Clients booking on the internet for Course 5 or 7 road exams will have the choice to e book at a single of the 10 short term exam spots as they get started opening.
The 100 short term examiners will mostly be put in those people places.
ICBC claims the measures are currently being taken in get to finish street checks cancelled due to the pandemic, and also to meet up with demand from customers for new appointments.
At the instant, ICBC is only accepting prospects who have a booked street examination appointment, stroll-in and standby appointments are not offered.
New bookings, put on hold at the beginning of the pandemic, will be acknowledged beginning Monday.
Eligible clients should really e book a road take a look at on the net. Those people wishing Class 1 to 4 highway exams need to e book by cell phone at 1-800-950-1498.
Adverts a protection precaution, all examiners are needed to have on private protective equipment for the period of the check. Healthcare quality masks will also be provided for buyers to use all through the check.
Shoppers will be not able to acquire a highway take a look at if they:
- have traveled outdoors of Canada within just the final 14 days,
- have been in close get in touch with with any individual who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 coronavirus inside of the very last 14 days,
- have indicators of COVID-19 these as respiratory health issues or problem respiratory, a fever larger than 38.?C (100.4? F) or a cough,
- have been asked to self-isolate for 14 times, or
- have moved to B.C. from outside of Canada within just the final 14 times.