A car fire broke out near Vancouver City Hall on Saturday afternoon, emitting visible smoke from the downtown core.
Residents shared pictures of the fires and smoke on social media, which appears to have started just after 4 p.m.
Witnesses say the car caught fire, and a Twitter user shared a video of the vehicle burning.
– SoNyA_e_T 🏳️🌈 (elsonelta) October 24, 2020
A staff member at City Hall told the Daily Hive that no one was injured in the car crash, and Vancouver Fire and Rescue members extinguished the blaze.
– Theresa Hornasek (reteresahornacek) October 24, 2020
Firefighters are lighting something by the Vancouver statue at City Hall. pic.twitter.com/7A9gZdFmdf
– Matthew von Deventer (att Matndeventer) October 24, 2020
Van on fire. pic.twitter.com/qFuMpG6L2l
– Jay Holtslander 😷 (_j_holtslander) October 24, 2020
– Cinnamon Shrinert (yn cinnamons) October 24, 2020
The fire came just days after three-alarm fires destroyed several buildings on Mount Street and near Main Street and Broadway, destroying many local businesses and displacing residents who lived above.