London – Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and second in line to the British throne, tested positive for coronavirus in April British media reported Sunday.
Kensington Palace, which reached NBC News on Sunday night, did not confirm or deny the reports. The Sun, a British tabloid, first reported the diagnosis, citing an unnamed Kensington Palace source.
Unlike William’s father, Prince Charles, A positive COVID-19 test was announced in March, William, 38, kept his diagnosis a secret. It was not immediately clear how serious his condition was.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was diagnosed the same month He said he was hospitalized In the intensive care unit after testing positive for the virus.
Johnson It was later revealed that his infection was very serious He needs “liters and liters of oxygen” to stay alive. He said doctors were preparing to announce his death.
Saturday, Johnson Announces new monthly lockdown The number of cases in the country has reached 1 million.
“If we don’t take action, we can see that deaths in this country are running at the rate of several thousand a day,” Johnson said.
The country made a three-month lockdown earlier this year, but the number of cases began to rise as sanctions were relaxed.
Under the new rules, unwanted businesses will have to close and bars and restaurants can only offer takeouts. Schools, universities and construction sites are allowed to remain open.
Will Clark is from London and Tim Stelloh is from California.