October 25, 2021

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

Trump asked for options to attack Iran nuclear site, spoke from: Reports – National

Trump asked for options to attack Iran nuclear site, spoke from: Reports - National

President of the United States Donald Trump, With two months left in the office, was asked about options on the attack last week Iran The main nuclear site, but ultimately decided against taking dramatic action, a U.S. official said Monday.

Trump made the request at a meeting at the Oval Office on Thursday, including Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompey, new Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Mark Mille. The officer said.

Read more:

Iran calls on US President-elect Joe Biden to return to nuclear deal

Trump, who has refused to accept and is challenging the results of the November 3 presidential election, will hand over power to Democrat President-elect Joe Biden on January 20.

The officer verified the account of the meeting The New York Times, Reportedly persuaded advisers not to go ahead with the strike as there was a risk of widespread conflict.

The statement below the story continues

“He asked for options. They gave him scenes and he finally decided not to go ahead,” the official said.






In response to Trump’s tweet, Iran said that the US president had disturbed the peace in the region


Iran responds to Trump’s tweet, saying US President has disturbed peace in the region – September 15, 2020

The White House declined to comment.

Trump has been engaged in an aggressive policy against Iran for four years during his presidency, withdrew from the Iran nuclear deal negotiated by his Democratic ancestor Barack Obama in 2018 and imposed economic sanctions against a variety of Iranian targets.

A day after Trump’s request for options, Iran was found to have moved the first cascade of advanced centrifuges underground from an above-ground plant in its main uranium-enriched area, the latest violation of its 2015 nuclear deal. The main forces.

Read more:

The Iranian president has accused the United States of “cruelty” after imposing new sanctions

The statement below the story continues

Iran’s Mission to the United Nations in New York, Alireza Miryousfi, said Iran’s nuclear program was purely for peaceful purposes and for civilian use, and Trump’s policies did not change that. “However, Iran has proven to be able to use its legitimate military might to prevent or respond to tragic adventures from any aggressor,” he added.

Iran’s 2.4 tonnes of low-enriched uranium stock now exceeds the 202.8 kg limit of the deal. It produced 337.5 kg this quarter, less than the 500 kg recorded by the International Atomic Energy Agency in the previous two quarters.

In January, Trump ordered US drone strikes to kill Iranian General Qassam Solomon at Baghdad airport. But he avoided widespread military conflicts and called for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from global hotspots in line with his promise to stop the so-called “endless wars”.


Click to play video 'Iran accuses US of' brutality 'amid recent sanctions'



Iran has accused the United States of “cruelty” amid recent sanctions


Iran accuses US of “cruelty” amid recent sanctions – September 26, 2020

The strike on Iran’s main nuclear site at Natanz could lead to a regional conflict and pose a serious foreign policy challenge to Biden.

The statement below the story continues

The Biden Transformation team has rejected the comment that the Trump administration’s refusal to initiate the transition could not gain national security intelligence.

(Reporting by Steve Holland; Additional Reporting by Michael Martina and Michelle Nichols; Editing by Mary Milliken, Cynthia Osterman, Leslie Adler and Lincoln Feast.)

READ  Ukraine plane crash death toll rises to 26