MARQUETTE, Mich. (WLUC) – Michigan State sets new record for daily coronavirus cases: 9,779 new cases.
In addition to those cases, 53 people died. It brings The total number of cases across the state is 295,177, And total deaths to 8,377. Current statewide recoveries are at 138,862. The statewide recovery amount is updated every Saturday on the MDHHS website.
A total of 211 new cases were added Friday in Upper Michigan.
The latest cases, deaths and recoveries added are as follows (Counties are listed alphabetically):
- Algar: 1 case
- బరాగా: 17 cases
- Chippewa: ((-34 cases, MDHHS data entry error), 12 recoveries
- Delta: 38 cases
- Dickinson: 9 cases, 22 recoveries
- Gogebic: 14 cases
- Houghton: 36 cases
- Iron: 7 cases, 7 recoveries
- Kevinov: 3 cases
- Light: 0 cases
- Mackinac: 2 cases
- Marquette: 64 cases, 1 death
- Menomini: 11 cases
- Ontonagon: 7 cases
- School Craft: 3 cases
As of Friday, November 20, at 5:15 p.m. Of those, at least 4,643 are thought to have recovered and 200 have died.
The seven-day average for positive tests in UP is at 12.3%. The MI Secure Startup Map Breaks the test and case trends by the county.
As of Thursday, November 19, 89 Kovid-19 patients were being treated at COVID-19 Hospital in Upper Michigan, 21 of whom were in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Data not updated on November 20th. This data is available through MDHHS. Details are below, listed alphabetically:
- Aspirus Iron River: 2 patients with zero in ICU, 30% bed occupancy
- Aspirin Ironwood: 3 patients in ICU, 50% bed occupancy
- Aspirin Kevinov, Laurium: 2 patients in ICU, 19% bed occupancy
- Aspirin Ontonagon: Zero patients, 20% bed occupancy
- Baraga County Memorial Hospital, L’Ans: 2 patients with zero in ICU, 40% bed occupancy
- Dickinson County Healthcare System, Iron Mountain: 6 patients with zero in ICU, 39% bed occupancy
- Helen Joy Newberry Hospital: 3 patients in ICU, 21% bed occupancy
- Mackinac Straits Hospital, St. Ignace: 1 patient with zero in ICU, 20% bed occupancy
- Munising Memorial Hospital: Zero patients, 29% bed occupancy
- OSF St. Francis Hospital, Escanaba: 7 patients with 3 in ICU, 53% bed occupancy
- School Craft Memorial Hospital, Monastic: 1 patient with zero in ICU, 42% bed occupancy
- UP Health System – Bell, Ishpming: 8 patients with zero in ICU, 68% bed occupancy
- UP Health System – Marquette: 38 patients with 10 patients in ICU, 69% bed occupancy
- UP Health System – Portage, Hancock: 2 patients with zero in ICU, 80% bed occupancy
- War Memorial Hospital – Salt Ste. Mary: 14 patients with 3 in ICU, 77% bed occupancy
Of the 190,070 diagnostic test results reported from Upper Michigan to the state for total coronavirus pandemic, 5.67% returned to COVID-19 as of Nov. 20.
To continue coronavirus coverage from TV6 & FOX UP, visit uppermichiganssource.com/coronavirus.
TV6 & FOX UP connects data from MDHHS and local health departments.
Copyright 2020 WLUC. All rights reserved.