Families said the plane was not safe
Canadian Press – November 24, 2020 / 4:50 p.m. | Story: 317348
Photo: Canadian Press
The Boeing 737 MAX jet is set to land on Boeing Field on a test flight in Seattle on Wednesday, September 30, 2020. Families of Canadians who died in the Boeing 737 Max crash say the plane is not safe and should remain on the ground, even though regulators in the United States have cleared it for takeoff. Canadian Press / AP, Elaine Thompson
Families of Canadians who died in the Boeing 737 Max crash say the plane is not safe and should remain on the ground, even though regulators in the United States have cleared it for takeoff.
Paul Njoroz, his wife, three children and the deceased in the March 2019 crash of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302, told the House of Commons Transportation Committee on Tuesday that the plane was still “unstable.”
Among the 18 Canadians who lost their lives was his daughter, Chris Moore, who called for an independent inquiry into Transport Canada’s certification of Boeing’s best-selling aircraft.
Moore said Canadians need to know why Transport Canada did not take action even after Max issued a pre-crash letter of concern about the plane’s anti-stall system, with security officials failing to properly review U.S. officials with regulators.
Transport Canada last week said its restructuring standards for the Max 8 were different from US regulators, which included additional policies on the flight deck and differences in pilot training.
Max flights have been grounded since March 2019 after a Lion Air flight near Jakarta in October 2018 and an Ethiopian Airlines plane crash less than five months later.
Hydro-Québec monitors the fire “very close” to its transmission lines
Salary required to afford a 100 m2 house
He earns $92,000 a year and he failed to buy a house!