Nashville S.C. Round One was upset Tuesday night at Rentsler Field, a Daniel Rios Game-winner in the second half of extra time to defeat Toronto F.C. 1-0 and earn a place in the Eastern Conference semifinals of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs.
Rio scores in 108th minute after pressure from expansion team Honey Muktar Toronto goalkeeper fired Quentin Westberg Initially stopped. The Rios shot came into the open net, helping the 2019 MLS Cup finalists bounce back to Nashville, the No. 2 seed and chasing the Shield of Supporters all season.
Prior to the Rios count, Nashville (7th seed) players recalled three goals to stay offside. Forward to the designated player Zonder Cadiz Twice he went home in the 13th and 54th minutes after finding holes in the Toronto defense to give his team a 1-0 lead. Muktar’s inch perfect chip also escaped in the 100th minute Michael Bradley With a midfield run before slipping his shot below the cross bar.
If that was not enough, Mukhtar (72nd minute) and Nashville’s frustration escalated in the second half Alex Muil (75th min) Both missed close-range headers. Muktar skyrocketed his effort Alistair JohnstonCross from the right, and Muil was unable to insert his title inside the post Randall Leal Took him out.
Mukhtar loops a header from the crossbar in the 90th minute, the near-miss continues as extra time ends and Walker Zimmerman Westburg smoked his shot in the 91st minute.
Toronto struggled to get many quality chances, but almost scored in the 26th minute Nick Delion. Midfielder a Pablo Piatti Cross from right, only for Nashville goalkeeper Joe Willis To stop him on the doorstep of the house. The Reds lost 21-10.
- 108 ‘- NSH – Daniel Rios | See
- Large image: Toronto FC has made four trips to the MLS Cup in the last five years. Instead, head coach Greg Vanni’s team will advance to the playoffs, despite liking key players. Joji Altidore Returned to health. The Reds have been showcased in large chunks, and now see Nashville defy inequalities. How far can head coach Gary Smith team go?
- Moment of the match: Last year, Daniel Rios played in the USL Championship. Now, he has scored the biggest goal in Nashville SC history and sent his team to the next round. What a moment for a second-half substitute to score four regular-season goals.
- Man of the Match: Honey Mukhtar was at the heart of a number of offensive moves for Nashville, ending the game-high with six shots. He certainly was able to complete the coupe chances, but will be very memorable for creating the final winner.
- TOR: End of season
- NSH: Sunday, November 29th Columbus Crew S.C. (8 pm ET) | Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Semifinals
France-Argentina Final | Our team expectations
The sports travel craze is on the rise
In the video | Terrible Merry-Go-Round : The catapult’s cable leads to the start