The Windsor Essex County Health Unit announced 80 new COVID-19 cases as of Saturday, bringing the local total to 3,941.
Cases rose from 3,864 on Friday, December 4 to 3,941 on Saturday, December 5, and 427 COVID-19 cases are currently active in Windsor-Essex.
80 new cases on Saturday, the highest daily increase since June 28.
The article continues under the local sponsor message
Said the health unit 9 cases are close acquaintances of confirmed cases, 2 cases are community possession, 2 cases are farm-farm workers, 1 case is a health care worker, and the origins of 66 cases are still under investigation.
They said 3,431 people had recovered locally (an increase of 73 recoveries today).
A new death occurred Saturday from COVID-19 in Windsor Essex. The local death toll rose to 83. The health unit said one person had died in his 80s.
As of Saturday, the health unit had listed 28 hospitals: 21 in intensive care (1 new today), and 7 in the ICU where COVID-19 cases were confirmed in Windsor Essex. There are 13 hospitals listed in the Windsor Regional Hospital.
Long-term care / retirement home prevalence
As of Saturday, there is a new outbreak and five long-term care / retirement homes are expanding:
- Devonshire Retirement Residence (Windsor) has 0 residential cases and 1 staff case (new spread today)
- Chartwell Well St. Clair Beach (Takeumse) There are 1 residential case, 0 staff cases
- Aspen Lake Village (Windsor) has 0 residential cases and 1 staff case
- Chartwell Royal Oak Residence (Kingsville) There are 0 residential cases, 2 staff cases
- Leamington Mennonite (Leamington) has 0 residential cases and 2 staff cases
- Riverside Place (Windsor) has 17 residential cases and 3 staff cases
- Iller lodges (Essex) has 18 residential cases and 3 staff cases
As of Saturday, there was a new outbreak and eight other offices were expanding:
- 3 spread on farms in Leamington
- 1 spread in the office of health care and social assistance in Lockshore
- 1 spread in the office of health care and social assistance in Windsor (new today)
- 1 spread at the Finance and Insurance office in Leamington
- 1 spread at the manufacturing facility in Windsor
- 1 spread at a manufacturing facility in Kingsville
- 1 spread at a place of worship in Leamington
As of Saturday, three schools were expanding:
- Corpus Christi Catholic Middle School – Central Park Athletics Campus
- WJ Langlois Catholic Elementary School
- Frank W. Begley Public School
As of Saturday, there is a community outreach:
As of Saturday, there were two hospital outbreaks:
- Hotel-Die Grace Healthcare
- Windsor Regional Hospital
Artificial Intelligence: A Six Month Break?
‘I don’t know if I’ll ever jump again’: Skydiver gets caught in power cables
Italy blocks ChatGPT chatbot