October 26, 2021

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

Go Abroad: Ontario Finance Minister is in trouble

Go Abroad: Ontario Finance Minister is in trouble

The Ontario finance minister has been traveling south with his wife since mid-December, despite Ottawa urging Canadians not to leave the country, and his province is in a complete lockdown.

Also read: Travel to the South: The Federal Government issues a warning

Also read: Passengers must be checked before and after return

Also read: Do tourists really see it?

Rod Phillips, who has been severely criticized by the opposition, told various media in English Canada that he regrets fleeing to the French island of Saint-Barthelemy, a place highly valued by the wealthiest in the world.

Rod Phillips also announced that he would shorten his trip to return home soon and keep himself in custody.

Earlier on Tuesday, in an interview Globe and Mail, Defended himself by recalling that his government had not yet made the decision to impose a new arrest when he decided to go on a trip.

“If I had known about the province’s control on December 26, we would have canceled the trip,” Ford’s influential minister said in writing.

However, since the outbreak, the federal government has been urging Canadians not to make unnecessary trips outside the country to limit the spread of the virus.

Rod Phillips did not boast that he was abroad.

On social media, he continues to post content as if he were in Ontario.

“As we all make sacrifices for Christmas, remember that some of our fellow citizens will also be there for the Christmas dinner with Zoom. Thousands of frontline heroes are at work watching us. Who is the special hero in your life that you want to thank? “Can be read on his Twitter account on December 24.

READ  Damaged fruit is also good for health

Mr Phillips was even more embarrassed: in a December 18 publication, he boasted that he had gone to do a good job at a pharmacy in his constituency.

However, he was abroad on that date.

«[M. Phillips] No public performances or excursions since December 13. All photos published since then are photos that our staff thought it logical to publish with a tweet, ”his spokesman asked. Globe and Mail.

In an evening statement, Premier Doug Ford did not accept his minister and called for his return to the country now.