Like the other parts of the human body, teeth are also an asset. We need to take care of them. Usually, it is really important to maintain dental health because if teeth are crooked, there is a chance that you might fall sick. Besides caring about teeth at home, you might have to visit the dentist once or twice to maintain healthy teeth and gums. If you live in Vaughan, Canada, be sure to make an appointment at our dental office in Vaughan. Alternatively, you can also make your teeth feel good with dentist in batavia il.
Here, we will be sharing some tips to help you look after your teeth at home. So, keep on reading.
- Brush your teeth twice a day: So many experts and dentists suggest to brushing your teeth twice a day at the very least. The best time to brush teeth is after meals. It can remove all the remaining food particles that stay and create plaque.
- Choose a toothbrush smartly: Choosing a toothbrush is really important. Select a toothbrush with a small head because it has better access to back teeth. Also, go for the soft bristles because these bristles are soft on your gums and don’t make them bleed.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste: You might be tempted to use those colorful toothpastes that are placed in grocery stores but remember that fluoride helps your teeth by strengthening tooth enamel.
- Brush thoroughly: There is a proper guide on how to brush your teeth. Up and down, inside and outside and it should take at least two to three minutes.
- Floss your teeth: Another great dental advice is flossing your teeth daily before sleeping. Be gentle with flossing though, you wouldn’t want to hurt your gums.
- Watch what you drink: there are plenty of carbonated drinks that may contain energy boosters but actually they have a lot of food acids that can react with tooth enamel and dissolve the minerals. This can lead to causing holes in and around the teeth. Normally they are called cavities. In some cases, teeth can become black and consumed right down to the gum.
- Limit sugar intake: One should be aware that there are bacteria present in our mouth all the time. When you eat plenty of sugar, the bacteria react with that sugar and cause dental plaque.
- Protect your teeth: If you play sports, be sure to wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet to keep your face and teeth safe from any kind of injury. For a painful wisdom tooth, make sure to ask your dentist to remove your wisdom tooth.
- Try to save the injured tooth: If you have been hurt in an unfortunate event, hold the tooth in the gums while you receive medical assistance. If possible, seek dental advice on an emergency basis. In the meantime, you can preserve your tooth in the milk or wrapped in a plastic sheet.
Avoid using your teeth for bottle openings: A lot of people try to show off their teeth by opening bottles, cracking nuts, and cutting wires but it is not safe.
Book Auctions: A Guide to Winning
David Baazov donates to charities, spent decades in the business world
How to Make a Big Impact in Home with Small Canvas Prints