October 26, 2021

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

The Pole War is not behind us

The Pole War is not behind us

Although Bell argues, nothing has been resolved in terms of access to the company’s poles to allow high-speed Internet connection to most Quebec homes, said Cubacore boss Pierre Carl Peladio.

Also read: The Internet is still not available in the teleworking age

Also read: Couldn’t connect, except around Bell’s owner’s chalet

The businessman made the announcement on Thursday, when he unveiled the company’s financial results, along with TVA Group and VideoTron, among others. Journal of Montreal And From the Journal de Quebec.

Earlier this week, Charles Gosselin, director of Bell’s Quebec government affairs and social relations, said: Journal “Access to the poles is no longer a contemporary problem, it’s a solved problem”.

“This is once again a simple public position, because we are not able to see significant progress on Earth,” Mr. Peladio suggested Thursday.

According to Premier Franకోois Legalt, there are still 251,000 Quebec homes in Quebec without a high-speed Internet connection.

Access to these famous poles, which belong to Bell, but also to Hydro-Quebec, Telebeck and Tellus are required for the expansion of service in many areas.

“With a list of our friends whose many small regional competitors are struggling to expand their networks, we call for rapid action before this,” Mr Peladio said.

Increasing revenue

In the last three months of 2020, Quebecore revenue rose 0.9% to $ 1.15 billion.

Profits rose 9% to 9,159.8 million. The company reported revenue of $ 4.32 billion for the year 2020, an increase of 0.6% compared to 2019.

However, the net income attributed to the shareholders decreased by $ 45.6 million (basic share.1 0.14) from 2019. It will be $ 607.2 million ($ 2.41 per share) in 2020. Base).

READ  Employment Insurance: More and more cube checkers on sick leave