(Quebec) “Important decisions” on the future of Greater Montreal in the Red Zone next week, the “potential” end of the home-school alternative for high school students in the Orange Zone, and the plan for a progressive deconstruction of the sport announced Friday. Quebec suggests further reductions. Overview.
An hour later for a curfew?
As we move forward with Sunday time, Prime Minister Franois Legalt has suggested that curfew time in the Red Zone could also be brought forward. “By the end of next week, I’m signaling that we’re changing the time. So at 8am there will be the same resolution at 9am in the future. I’m told public health that they will think about it,” Mr Legalt said. The Prime Minister confirmed that the situation in Montreal would be “re-assessed” next Tuesday, and that curfews would be imposed in Quebec from almost 9:30 pm on Monday, excluding areas in the Red Zone.
“Well controlled” varieties
Health Minister Christian Dubey predicts that Quebec will be able to make “important decisions” for Montreal by next week. He said Montreal “has been able to control the look of the new variants better so far”. “We passed 14% positive tests in Quebec, 18% of which are variants. This is almost half of what is in Ontario. That means Montreal, in particular, has been successful in having variants,” he said, adding that half of the cases of variants certified in Quebec are in Montreal. We will also have to wait to see the potential effects of the spring break on the situation, which will be known in 10 to 14 days, before much enjoyment, Mr. Dubey said 170 of the 255 variant cases confirmed are in Montreal.
End of home-school work-study program in the Orange Zone
Public health officials are working to make a full return to the class plan for Grade 3 studentsE, 4E And 5E Secondary to areas in the orange zone. This means that the home-school alternative is the end for this group of students. “I think, as they say, we [en] There are a few more days. We are not out of the spring break, but it’s a very probable hypothesis, ”said D.r Horacio Arruda. In a written public notice dated February 16, Public Health had already stated that “adjustments” in the Orange Zone regarding the school-home alternative for 3 students could be “considered after March 7”.E, 4E And 5E Secondary.
Sport Decontamination Plan
The Legalt government will present its plan on Friday for a progressive deconfinition of sports activities. Minister Isabelle Charest must make this statement. Relief could be declared “if conditions permit”, Mr. Legalt argued. “I want to be very clear […]At present, we are not opening more sports, because Public Health thinks it is not time to open more sports. So it’s a matter of public health, ”Mr. Legalt repeated. He assured that their government was “not sensitive” to the show to resume Sunday’s game before the National Assembly. “It’s important, it’s important for sports, for youth, for mental health,” he said.
Hospitalization on Degeneration
There were 650 new cases and 12 additional deaths in Quebec on Tuesday. Hospitalizations were declining, with 14 fewer patients than the previous day, for a total of 676, 110 in intensive care, and two more cases. To date a total of 293,860 infections have been identified and 10,493 have died. Of the 12 deaths, only four were reported in the previous 24 hours. The other eight occurred by March 8.
The Laval population was largely affected
The Laval population is the most affected in the province, with an average of 20.8 new cases per day per 100,000 inhabitants per week. This is worse than Montreal (15.5 new cases per 100,000 residents) since the end of February. The reason for this is the spread at the residence of Manoir Laval Seniors, CISSS de Laval suggests. “If it’s not, we will be on the set,” said his spokeswoman Judith Goudrow. At least 67 tenants of the manor fell ill, or 8% of them, and three died. The number of cases is likely to rise further as CISSS conducted a screening across the residence on Monday. Hospitalizations were stable, however, in 36 patients for 48 h. Nine were in intensive care, the same number since Saturday. In addition, about fifty classes are currently closed in Laval due to the outbreak.