Cases in Quebec changed slightly on Saturday, while the situation in Ontario improved.
Also read: Kovid-19: There are 410 new cases and 7 additional deaths in Quebec
There were 410 cases reported in Quebec, nine less than on Friday, as well as seven deaths. Since the onset of the health crisis, 369,728 cubes have been infected with coronavirus and 11,125 have died.
Hospitalization continues to decline (373, -12). The number of beds in intensive care did not change (91). More than 23,600 people were tested for covid as of May 27, and 95,505 were vaccinated on Friday, including 4,044 other doses given before May 28, for a total of 5,405,885 worldwide. To date, 58% of Cubans have been vaccinated. With at least one dose.
“In order for the deconstruction plan to take its course, we must be careful, follow the steps in place and be vaccinated. All Cubans over the age of 12+ can now be vaccinated. Let’s show solidarity and increase our vaccine coverage together,” Health and Social Services Minister Christian Dubey posted on Twitter.
In Ontario, there were 1,057 new infections and 15 deaths on Saturday, with a total of 529,510 sick and 8,726 dead. As in Quebec, hospitalization continues to decline (934, -89) and stress in intensive care is declining (626, -19).
Nova Scotia (33 cases and 4 deaths) and New Brunswick (10 cases) also adjusted their number columns.
As of noon, there were a total of 1,376,149 (+1876) and 25,469 deaths (+29) in Canada.
Situation in Canada:
- Ontario: 529,510 (8,726 deaths)
- Quebec: 369,728 cases (11,125 deaths)
- Alberta: 226,449 cases (2,206 deaths)
- British Columbia: 143,581 cases (1,692 deaths)
- Manitoba: 50,499 cases (1,045 deaths)
- Saskatchewan: 46,285 cases (536 deaths)
- Nova Scotia: 5,530 cases (84 deaths)
- New Brunswick: 2,191 cases (43 deaths)
- Newfoundland and Labrador: 1,302 cases (6 deaths)
- Nunavut: 648 cases (4 deaths)
- Prince Edward Island: 202 cases
- Northwest Territories: 127 cases
- Yukon: 84 cases (2 deaths)
- Canadian Returnees: 13 cases
Total: 1,376,149 cases (25,469 deaths)
Four escaped cows were caught
A simple administrative decision? | Press
Bernard Drainville, New Education commentator