October 16, 2021

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

Deconfinition: An exam concert at Abraham Ground in September

Deconfinition: An exam concert at Abraham Ground in September

If the health condition permits, people who have doubled their vaccinations will gather at Abraham Grounds on Saturday, September 25, for a large test concert overseen by researchers for post-covid recovery. -19.

Also read: Kovid-19: 239 new cases, three deaths in three days in Quebec

Also read: Public Finance: Despite the turmoil of the pandemic, Quebec is still on the good side

Also read: Show-Test: Promoters are not in a hurry to stick

  • Listen to a column by journalist Mark-Andre Gagnon at the Parliamentary office of the Journal de Quebec et de Montreal on QUB Radio:

Tourism Minister Caroline Prouls announced that Laval University had been instructed to develop a research protocol in line with this type of experience. The goal is clear: “A pre-epidemic event in its principle as close as possible to a test program”, referring to the call for tenders prepared for the attention of event producers. The selected producer in particular must have at least three Quebec artists, ensuring that at least 50% of the content is in addition. French speakers at the show.

Minister of Tourism Caroline Prouls

Photo by Archives, Stevens LeBlanc

Minister of Tourism Caroline Prouls

Vaccination without mask and doubling

According to a source close to the matter, Abraham was one of the few cases to bring together 20,000 spectators who were completely vaccinated outside the field and without a mask. At the same time, 5,000 people gather in one room, according to our information, to attend the other part of the test event at the VideoTron Center. Conditions for attending the exhibition outside and in the room are specified and then confirmed by the production team, researchers and public health. Many scenes will still be on the table for several weeks, including the cancellation of the show on the same day. “Its mission is to keep the program safe for the public without risk,” said Sophie de Amors, rector of Laval University.

“Huge step”

“This big meeting is free for people who participate on a voluntary basis,” the tourism minister said at a press conference. “Why target the month of September? Because we believe there will be more of the Quebecs [doublement] “Quebec will be the first Canadian province to take this kind of initiative,” she said. It’s a huge step towards the realization of security events, “she said. The tourism minister estimates the major concert will cost $ 2 million to $ 3 million. No. Another demonstration in Barcelona last March took place in front of just 4,500 people, masked, without distance.Two experiments showed that there was no risk of contamination.

  • Listen to an interview with Caroline Saint-Hiller and Warda Etienne by Tourism Minister Caroline Proulx on QUB Radio:

– In collaboration with Cedric Belanger

At the same time on Abraham Ground, in front of 20,000 spectators and inside the house, in front of 5,000 spectators

Duration: 2 to 3 hours

At least 3 Quebec artists

At least 50% French speaking content

Programming and audience admission criteria will be specified later.

The research protocol is developed by University Laval experts

  • Listen to Danny St. Pierre’s interview with Michael Sabourin, a spokesman for Quebec’s Independent Theaters Association, on QUB Radio:
READ  The Boulevard des Recollets was closed Sunday due to flooding

See also