October 18, 2021

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

The boy (7) died after being trapped in a brain-eating amoeba lake

The boy (7) died after being trapped in a brain-eating amoeba lake

Little David Pruitt died in hospital of a brain-eating amoeba infection while swimming in a lake.

One page GoFundMe Created to financially support this young American family, his primary amoebic meningoencephalitis treatment incurs high costs.

Amoeba, a microbe that enters the nose through the nose when the victim swims in hot, contaminated fresh water, usually causes a fatal nervous system infection.

David was hospitalized July 30 and died eight days later at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, California.

The fundraiser has already raised more than $ 22,000, and the family has taken advantage of its visibility to invite collaborators to visit.Kyle Cares Amoeba Awareness“, To learn more about this infection and how to protect yourself and your family”. “Take the time to learn the signs and symptoms,” they warn in their article.

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention in the United States has identified amoeba negleria as the cause of primary amoebic meningoencephalitis. The Orlando Sentinel reports that only 4 out of 148 people infected in the United States survived between 1962 and 2019.

READ  Black Friday 2020 AirPod Deals: AirPods Pro drops to 9,169 soon, standard AirPods now at $ 119