Candidates in the mayoral race fired red balls at Regis Laboum, accusing him of being nosy in the election campaign and using public interest for partisan purposes.
Three candidates walked out on Monday condemning the outgoing mayor’s interference in the pre-election campaign.
It should start on September 17, but the announcements that he is with his runner-up and the new head of his party will raise eyebrows.
This is the case with a $ 35 million adTransformation of the Colosseum in line with “emerging” sports Made with Mary-Josie Saward last week.
Utilization of public funds
For Bruno Marchand, strong and proud from Quebec, it was the election manifesto and the mayor who used public funds for partisan purposes. He is considering the possibility of alerting the Chief Electoral Officer.
“As soon as we use city resources to declare elections, we deserve to ask ourselves: Are we using the city’s financial and human resources wisely?”
According to him, there are “confusion”, “proximity” and “interference in rural areas”. The mayor was reluctant to respond or enter the campaign. Regis LaBeouf believes the Colosseum’s announcement is part of the current situation. “We have to manage the city. What is being said there is as old as the moon.”
Jean-Franకోois Gosselin, Quebec 21 Chief, added. “Mrs. Saward Boss, she likes to make announcements. Not to the mayor. Otherwise, if the mayor does, he will use public money, Quebec City funds, to make a pre-election announcement.”
Mr. Laboum feels omnipresent with Mrs. Saward that he is “unique”. “I do not accept it. I want to campaign on my own.”
Jean Rousseau, the Democratic Quebec candidate and leader, asks for “restraint” on the part of the mayor, giving “unnecessary advantage” to Mary-Josie Saward, who has been with him regularly during public outings, he said.
“He pulls the strings. He believes the line between day-to-day business and election advertising is blurred.
– In collaboration with Taïeb Moalla