The number of cases continues to decline and the number of emergency room visits is being stabilized. However, traffic is expected to be high at the end of the southern winter (twice as high as in other years during the same period) and 11 municipalities are concerned.
Also, participants in the fight against population and dengue are encouraged to take individual and collective protective measures, especially in the face of rising temperatures and increased rainfall: apply repellents to protect against mosquito bites, remove anything containing water (breeding grounds), consult your doctor about symptoms.
Dengue fever situation on October 13, 2021 (Data from the French Public Health Unit in the area, ARS)
- From September 20 to October 3, 11 municipalities were affected by dengue outbreaks.
- The number of cases is being stabilized in all the municipalities on the island, with the exception of Saint-Pierre.
- Identified at the cluster of cases (dengue prevalence) St. Paul (Les Filas).
From January 1, 2021
29,681 confirmed cases (after data consolidation)
4,101 emergency visits
20 deaths were directly linked to dengue
Recommendations to fight against dengue
Health officials recommend population:
- Protect Yourself From Mosquito Bites Including 7 days after the onset of symptoms to protect those around you
Even if you have previously suffered from dengue, continue to protect yourself ; Many dengue serotypes can be transmitted and infection with one serotype does not protect against another serotype attack.
- Remove breeding grounds (mosquito nests) : Empty anything that contains water around your home, check gutters …
- Consult a physician in case of symptoms : Fever, headache, muscle / joint pain, nausea, vomiting, … And take a sample in a medical diagnostic laboratory Prescribed by your doctor for a diagnosis of dengue.
- If you suffer from dengue :
- Continue to protect yourself Against mosquito bites.
- To prevent severe forms of dengue:
- Monitor your health, Especially between 4Th And 8Th Sick day
- Consult your doctor or emergency department If you have the following signs and symptoms: Severe abdominal pain, persistent vomiting, inability to eat / drink, extreme fatigue, restlessness.
– Consult an ophthalmologist or emergency department of the CHU Nord without delay, in case of eye-related problems (severe and sudden falls) Occurs 8 days after the onset of dengue signs
– Go to the hospital if your health deteriorates
Severe forms of dengue affect people of all ages: infants, children, adults and the elderly. They occur in healthy individuals and in people with pathology.
Children under the age of two, whose parents feel they have dengue, should preferably be cared for in a hospital setting.
Since dengue fever can damage the liver, it is recommended that you strictly follow your doctor’s recommendations Making Paracetamol.
Find all the news related to Dengue Fever in Reunion Facebook Together against mosquitoes