Participate in a photo contest for a few more days “How do you protect yourself from mosquitoes?”⁇
From 1Is As of November 14, 22 dengue cases have been confirmed. In recent weeks, the number of cases has been low, ten cases per week. 9 municipalities are concerned.
Over the past few weeks, anti-vector activities conducted by ARS teams associated with less favorable climatic conditions for mosquito breeding have been able to significantly reduce the spread of the virus.
However, dengue fever continues to spread weakly across the island, raising fears of an epidemic recurrence with the onset of summer.
In this context, the Reunion people were called upon to protect themselves from dengue fever and mosquitoes by removing disease vectors (repellents, long clothing, mosquito nets, etc.) and all breeding grounds (which may contain anything). Water) around their home.
In addition, the photo contest “How to protect yourself from mosquitoes, against dengue? Continues until November 28th.
|From 1Is January 2021|
|⁇ 29 781 cases were confirmed
(After data consolidation)
|⁇ 1 140 people were hospitalized|
|⁇ 4 133 emergency visits|
|⁇ 20 deaths Is directly linked to dengue|
Dengue fever situation on November 25, 2021
(Data from the French Public Health Unit in the area, ARS)
- 9 municipalities affected by dengue outbreak:
- The virus mainly spreads in Saint-Pierre and Saint-Denis,
- Isolated cases have been found in Saint-Paul, Saint-Louis, Entre Dukes, Le Tampon, La Possession, Petit Isle and Salazi.
- No clustering cases (dengue outbreaks) were detected during this period.
Competitive game Photos: A few more days to get involved !
Prefecture and ARS La Reunion launched the photo contest on November 10th “Against dengue, how do you protect yourself from mosquitoes? ⁇.
The goal is to start the sharing process for the population by providing them with photos to take Describes the defenses used to protect against dengue vector mosquitoes (Aedes albopictus Or tiger mosquito) and start thinking about the most effective ways.
These defenses may be:
Closing doors / windows / shutters with mosquito net type equipment
Skin Repellent Spray
Bed mosquito net
Disinfectant diffuser (electric, coils, etc.)
Applicants still have a few days left Participate before midnight on November 28th.
Terms and conditions for participating in the competition are available:
On the ARS website: https://www.lareunion.ars.sante.fr/reglement-du-jeu-concours-contre-la-dengue-comment-vous-protegez-vous-des-moustiques
Or upon request by email: [email protected]
Instructions to fight dengue
- Protect Yourself From Mosquito Bites Including 7 days after symptoms appear to protect those around you ;
Even if you have already suffered from dengue, continue to protect yourself ; Many dengue serotypes are contagious and infection with one serotype does not protect against another serotype attack.
- Remove breeding grounds (mosquito nests) : Empty any water around your house, check gutters …
- Consult a physician in case of symptoms : Fever, headache, muscle / joint pain, nausea, vomiting, … And take a sample in a medical diagnostic laboratory Dengue is prescribed by your doctor for diagnosis.
- If you are sick with dengue :
- Continue to protect yourself from mosquito bites and monitor your health, especially between 4Th And 8Th Sick day.
- Consult your doctor or emergency department in case your health condition deteriorates.
Find all information about dengue fever in Reunion ARS Reunion Website .
The Role of Feng Shui in the Canadian Real Estate Market
Overview of the Home Improvement Market in Hamilton
Who is the next “Best player in the World”?