The National Rally Committee for Development (CNRD) said on Monday, November 29, that former President Alfa Conde had been transferred to his wife’s residence in the suburbs of Conakry, according to a statement read on public television. Since he was overthrown by the coup on September 5, Alpha Conde has been kept. ” In a safe place », By soldiers. Alpha Cond ” Treatment appropriate to its level without any international pressure », CNRD emphasizes.
According to several sources, Alpha Conde was transferred from the Mohammed V Palace to the former First Lady home from Sunday to Monday. In this residence on the outskirts of Conakry, the former president took advantage of much of the space. Until then this house was vacant. It is now being monitored by two armored vehicles belonging to the security forces.
The position has changed, but conditions have not changed much: Alpha Conde still has access to the services of his chef, his personal physician, but for the rest, there are a number of limitations. He was not allowed to go out and still had no access to the phone, one of his advisers said.
Since September 5, CNRD has repeatedly expressed its reluctance to release Alpha Cond. Some sources in particular “ Difficulty capabilities From the former president. But why transfer now?
Ten days before the ECOWAS summit, the transfer was undoubtedly a sign of reassurance to West African leaders who had imposed economic sanctions on CNRD officials. ECOWAS heads of state are still demanding clarity on the transition period.