The strong upward trend of COVID-19 in Quebec continues as everything indicates that 10,000 new COVID-19 cases in Quebec have crossed the threshold, breaking the previous record of 9,397 infections reported on Thursday. Prime Minister Franకోois Legalt urged the people to “be careful” during rallies.
Government sources at have confirmed these figures Press Friday, early in the day. In all, Quebec detected 10,031 infections, according to our data. These 10,031 new cases brought the daily average to 6,126. The trend rose 168% in seven days. Two additional deaths averaged four. The trend has been stable for a week.
A total of 489 people are currently in the hospital, an increase of 16 over the previous day. This represents a 57% increase in a week. The 93 patients (+2) in intensive care also increased by 50% in the last seven days.
Including these 10,000 new cases, about 42,850 new cases were detected in Quebec last week, or an average of 6,121 new cases per day. Currently, there are 17 active outbreaks in CHSLDs and 20 in Private Seniors Residence (RPA).
Data updated Friday also shows that 54.9% of young people between the ages of 5 and 11 have taken a single dose so far. Of the general population, 84.7% of Cubans received a single dose, 77.7% had two doses and 11.5% already had three doses.
According to the latest data available, Chowder-Appalachies remains the most affected area with 700 active cases per 100,000 residents. Montreal is next with 670 active cases per 100,000 inhabitants and Estre currently has 585 active cases per 100,000 residents.
It should also be remembered that these figures can be “underestimated” as many experts have warned over the past few days, as screening centers are overcrowded and many individuals do not have to be successful. Test in the last few days. “It’s definitely underestimating the reality, because most people do not need to have an appointment for screening, and with rapid testing, we know these cases have not been reported,” said Director of Public Health, D.C.Back Droin, Thursday, reported 3,668 new COVID-19 cases in Montreal alone.
Franకోois Legalt called for caution
On Friday morning, Prime Minister Franois Legalt asked the people to be careful during their part-time holiday meetings. “If you decide to stay with people outside your bubble, I urge you to be very careful,” he wrote on his Facebook page. The Omicron variant is far more contagious than what we have seen since the outbreak began. ”
Through his Facebook page on Thursday, Health Minister Christian Dube sent a message to non-vaccinated Cubans who do their part.
“If you still do not believe in vaccination with the advent of the new variant, I do not know what to say to you. But if you do not do it for yourself or your loved ones, at least do it to protect our health system and those who are sick. You may need it one day. Otherwise, the virus All you can do to prevent it from spreading and disrupting our hospitals is at least stay at home, ”he wrote to them.
Ontario, for its part, reported 9,571 new infections on Friday, a record in the province. The day before, it had crossed another high with a total of 5,790 COVID-19 cases. At present, 508 people are being treated at the hospital, the health ministry said. Of these, 355 were not fully vaccinated or had unknown vaccine status.
With Pierre-Andre Normandin, Press, And the Canadian Press