Quebec withdraws fraudulent vaccine passports. According to Health and Social Services Minister Christian Dubey, a dozen false proofs of the vaccine have been invalidated in recent days. If the start of the operation seems modest, he says “this is just the beginning” and promises that he will not “compromise” with the fraudsters.
Posted at 5:00 p.m.
A week ago, Press It has been revealed that thousands of employees of the Health Network in Quebec were involved in making fraudulent vaccine passports for money. These individuals, who have been pinned by the authorities, have registered tons of vaccines that have never been administered in the vaccination register, and this is very easy.
“In the coming days”, “Passports” at the Christian Dubey press conference [allaient] Should be abolished ”.
There are a dozen passports so far. The operation began slowly, as the minister had to follow a set of rules to take action based on strict instructions regarding the abduction.
According to a cabinet decree signed last Friday, the vaccine passport will be “revoked without delay when there is a serious reason to believe that the Minister of Health and Social Services or the Director of Public Health received this proof without entitlement, especially in a false manner.” Or misleading statements ”.
The concerned Minister or Director of Public Health added that “the person whose QR code has been revoked needs to be notified in writing as soon as possible”. […] The reasons in support of this withdrawal were to allow him to submit his observations and, if necessary, documents.
Christian Dubey warned that he would “be absolutely committed to maintaining all credibility.” [du] Vaccine passport system. “Citizens who distort the rules, like employees who are tempted to do so, are well-warned: they are committing criminal acts and will be punished accordingly,” he added in a written statement.
UPAC and Sûreté du Québec are continuing their research. 150 cases have been opened, including nearly 30 cases of corruption or attempted corruption.
Towards relaxation on February 14th
“One week at a time”. To this end, the National Director of the Department of Public Health, Dr.R Luc Boileau hopes to announce new reductions in health rules. So other relaxations may occur by February 14th.
“I know everyone wants to make more assessments on relaxation. We are working as hard and scientifically as possible on this order,” Mr Boyle assured at a news conference Thursday, his first without Francois Legalt and Christian Dube. Allow for direct communication “.
“I’m very sensitive about what the Quebecars are experiencing,” Mr Boyle said, adding that it was “difficult” at the moment to give an exact timetable for deconfinition “because we have to follow the evolution of the situation and the vaccination rate”. , “To reopen more quickly” are two key elements.
Our goal is to take one week at a time. We hope for such speed.
DR Luc Boileau, National Director of Public Health Acting
The government is “very open” to this formula, Mr. Boileau continued. “We are not succeeding, but things are getting better, and it is important to say so,” he said, recalling that the constant decline in the hospital was very encouraging.
So far, the relief announced by Quebec on Tuesday must have taken place in two phases. Restaurant dining rooms will be reopened from January 31st, subject to certain conditions, and Cubakers will meet with four or two bubbles. The civic and extracurricular games reserved for young people will also resume on Monday, while the exhibition halls and cinema halls will reopen a week later on February 7th. So further relaxations can be announced on February 14th. Public Health is also considering starting a non-school study as an indicator of the progress of COVID-19.
“We can not go too fast. We must continue the risk management process,” Mr Boyleau said, referring to the possible implementation of the “normal life” or “local” phase. After all, the authorities still do not intend to impose a compulsory vaccine. “We know this is not the time to propose. It’s not on the cards,” the national director concluded. .
D’s optimismR Among other things, new models published on Thursday by the National Institutes of Excellence in Health and Social Services (INESSS) are based on Boileau, which on Thursday confirmed that it expects a reduction in the number of beds. [ordinaires] The number of Kovid patients will reach 2,500 in the next two weeks.
Therefore, according to the government agency, the daily decline in hospital admissions in the next few days is expected to be around 170. The latter hopes that “there will be a slight reduction in the number of intensive care beds occupied by COVID patients, reaching approximately 250 over the same period.”
“We expect a reduction in the number of beds occupied by COVID patients, but it is still modest. In spite of everything, we are above level 4 set by the Ministry of Health, ”warned Michelle de Guys, interim CEO of INESSS.
When asked about the relevance of the curfew, Mary-France Renault, strategic medical adviser to the Ministry of Health and Social Services, acknowledged that its implementation in late December was “with very little data”. “We still have a study by Public Health France that compares areas to curfews and even imposes a 10 hour, 8 hour or 6 hour curfew. And this first study showed efficiency, “she said.
“We know it’s very difficult to import studies done in other contexts, but it still gives us a clue that curfew has an effect,” Ms.Me Renault. On his side, dR Boyleau indicated that the return of the curfew would not be considered at all. “Before the curfew is lifted, things have to go bad. But when it was brought forward a few weeks ago, it was very bad and almost not, ”he concluded.
The new fraud is worrying
Quebec has called for caution in a new fishing effort linked to vaccination against COVID-19. This time, fraudulent text messages spread claiming that it was possible to get a $ 100 reward for “taking all your doses against COVID-19”. The Ministry of Health on Thursday assured that “the vaccine will not provide any financial compensation as a result and will not send any emails to citizens about it”. “The motive behind this is probably identity theft,” Eric Khair, Minister of Cyber Security and Digital, told Radio-Canada.