December 4, 2022

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

Police investigation following scandal surrounding Prince Charles foundation

Police investigation following scandal surrounding Prince Charles foundation

British police announced on Wednesday that they were launching an investigation into suspicions about donations to the Prince Charles Foundation, which was rewarded with honorary titles and used in support of a Saudi businessman’s request for conciliation.

Also read: Prince Andrew, Pariya of the royal family

Also read: Queen Elizabeth resumes public events in Windsor

“The Metropolitan Police have launched an investigation into allegations of violations under the Honors (Prevention of Abuse) Act 1925,” Scotland Yard said in a statement, with no complaints.

Police said the investigation was launched after examining a letter received in September 2021.

The researchers contacted “those who believed they had relevant information” and liaised with the Prince Foundation, which “provided a number of relevant documents.”

The case, which was revealed last year, splashed the heir to the throne.

His former assistant, Wallet, Michael Fawcett, is suspected of using his influence to help Saudi businessman Mahfouz Mari Mubarak bin Mahfouz, a generous donor to charities affiliated with the British monarchy, get the makeup.

According to the Sunday Times, at a private ceremony in Buckingham Palace in November 2016, Prince Charles appointed 51-year-old Mr Mahfouz as commander of the British Empire, an event that has not been officially published in the Royal Engagement List. According to the newspaper, taking advantage of such a distinction made it possible to support the request for Saudi British nationality.

Mr. who denies that he did anything wrong. Mahfouz is said to have donated large sums of money to restoration projects. Michael Fawcett resigned in November 2021.

READ  Nuclear deal resumes unch | Washington makes "very serious" proposals for Tehran

At the same time, the press revealed that the Prince Charles Foundation had agreed to receive several million euros from a Russian donor, leading to the launch of an investigation by an independent body that regulates the activities of NGOs in Scotland. . Douglas Connell, president of the foundation, resigned, but defended himself against any wrongdoing.