The U.S. embassy said on Tuesday that it had ordered unwanted staff at its consulate in Shanghai to leave the city in the wake of the epidemic and tight control measures in the (Shanghai) metropolis.
Posted yesterday at 10:27 pm.
China has been experiencing the largest increase in financial capital cases since the outbreak began. Authorities have locked down about 25 million residents and are keeping those tested positive at quarantine centers.
A spokesman for the US Embassy said in a statement that the US State Department had “ordered the departure of (its personnel) due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic”. United in a statement.
American diplomats informed Chinese authorities of “their concerns about the safety and well-being of American citizens,” the text said.
China is one of the last countries in the world to implement a tough Zero COVID-19 strategy.
It involves a number of actions: detaining as soon as certain cases appear, separating positively tested individuals from the rest of the population, issuing visas in dribbles and dribbles, detaining or detecting movements on arrival in the territory.
The Chinese Ministry of Health on Tuesday reported more than 23,000 new positive cases in Shanghai.
Its nearly 25 million residents are still confined to their homes, with some struggling to get food back.
Many of those tested positive were placed in solitary confinement in exhibition halls or in large quarantine centers set up in prefabricated structures.
Last week, the US embassy indicated that it was already “allowing” unnecessary consulate staff to leave Shanghai. She also felt that US citizens were at risk of “arbitrary enforcement” of anti-Kovid-19 restrictions.