Officially in the seventh wave of the pandemic, Quebec recorded 16 new deaths related to COVID-19 on Thursday.
• Also Read: No new health measures despite 7th wave of COVID-19
• Also Read: Omicron: “Tsunami” of infections in Canada
The number of hospitalizations due to the virus rose slightly less than in recent days (+36), bringing Quebecers’ total hospital beds to 1,534. Among them, the number of those in intensive care remained relatively stable compared to Wednesday. Results (+3; 43).
Additionally, 1,755 new cases were reported across the province on Thursday, a slight decrease from the previous day (1,834), while 547 positive rapid tests were self-reported on Wednesday (95 less than the previous day).
Also, 7,318 health workers were absent due to reasons related to COVID-19.
Seventh wave also in Ontario
The situation is alarming in the Ottawa River, where the province has been in its seventh wave since mid-June, said Kieran Moore, the province’s chief medical officer of health.
According to data from Public Health Ontario, the number of hospitalizations related to COVID-19 rose 29% last week to 695 people, including 109 in intensive care on Wednesday. This is an increase of 157 and 21 patients since June 29.
Of those in intensive care, 45 patients are on life support.
Unlike in Quebec, adults under 60 do not have access to a second booster dose.
“With 5 million Ontarians still needing their first booster dose and 1.6 million needing their second booster dose, we still have a lot of work to do before opening up more,” Dee said.R As Moore reported at a press conference Wednesday Toronto Star.
Situation in Quebec as of July 6, 2022
- 1,099,766 infected people (+1,755*)
- 15,646 deaths (+16)
- 7,318 health workers were absent due to Covid-related reasons (withdrawal of vaccine, isolation, waiting for results etc.)
- 1534 hospitalized (+37)
- 43 (+3) in intensive care
- 14,211 samples were taken on July 5
- 241,770 self-declared rapid tests so far including 200,547 positive: 713 declared yesterday including 655 positive.
* As access to screening centers is restricted to priority clients, the number of cases listed is not representative of the situation.
*** For detailed region-wise results, refer to the INSPQ website By clicking here.
More details to come…