August 16, 2022

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

Tiger Woods turned down $700-800m to join LIV Golf

Tiger Woods turned down $700-800m to join LIV Golf

Greg Norman, the former champion turned boss of LIV Golf, claimed on Monday evening that Tiger Woods had turned down a $700 to $800 million offer from Saudi funds to join a new dissident league.

• Also Read: What does the future hold for LIV golf and the sport?

• Also Read: LIV Golf: An Unprecedented Exodus

• Also Read: LIV Golf: Not the Saudis’ fault?

Asked on Fox News on Monday night if it was true that fifteen-time Grand Slam winner Tiger Woods had been offered “$700, $800 million” to join LIV, Norman replied: “The number was there before I became CEO, so the number was there, yes”.

“Tiger is a difference maker, isn’t he? So we turn to the best of all. They approached Tiger before I became CEO, so yes, that number is in that water,” said the Australian at LIV Golf’s third round of the Bedminster (New Jersey) tournament.

This rebel league with an extraordinary budget has been breaking the golf world for months.

Tiger Woods, 46, has always affirmed his loyalty to the PGA Tour and said he has no intention of following other major winners like Phil Mickelson, Bryson DeChambeau, Sergio Garcia and Dustin Johnson who have crossed the line.

“I don’t agree,” Woods said before the British Open in July. “What they’ve done is they’ve turned themselves in that they’ve gotten to this point,” he said.

“And who knows what will happen in the near future with world ranking points, Grand Slam entry criteria? Some of these players may never have the opportunity to play in the majors. This is an opportunity. We’re not there yet…

READ  Excellent rise from the rocket