Some 38 ambulance unions will go on indefinite strike starting Tuesday in various parts of Quebec.
In a press release published on Monday morning, the Administrative Labor Tribunal, which received the strike notices, however assured that essential services will continue to be provided to the citizens.
“The court ruled that the services were necessary and adequate to ensure that the health or safety of the population was not endangered”, we read.
The 38 unions going on strike are affiliated with the Federation of Pre-hospital Employees of Quebec (FPHQ), or TASBI, which represents members working at companies located in different regions of Quebec.
Here is the list of affected companies
- 9156-9830 Quebec Inc. (Sacred Heart Ambulance)
- Chouinard Ambulance Inc.
- Rimoski Ambulance Inc.
- Ambulance Gilbert (Mathane) Inc.
- Marlowe Ambulance Inc.
- Ambulances Berthierville, a division of Desercom Inc.
- Ambulance Drummondville, a division of Desercom Inc.
- Ambulances Du Bas-Saint-Francois, a division of Desercom Inc.
- Ambulances Kamouraska Est enr., a division of Dessercom inc.
- Ambulances La Patrie, a division of Desercom Inc.
- Ambulances is a division of Desercom Inc. of Louisville.
- Lister Ambulances, a division of Desercom Inc.
- Ambulance Manso, a division of Desercom Inc.
- Ambulances Plessisville, a division of Desercom Inc.
- Ambulances Radon, a division of Desercom Inc.
- Saint-Gabriel Ambulances
- Ambulances Silvestre, a division of Desercom Inc.
- Outauais Paramedics Cooperative
- Grand Portage Paramedics Cooperative
- Buis Ambulance Corporation Inc. (CAMBI)
- Buis Ambulance Corporation Inc. (CAMBI) – Ambulance Michel Crevier Inc.
- Desircom Inc.
- HRH Pre Hospital Services Inc.
- Ambulances 33-33 Inc.
- Gilles Thibault Ambulance Inc.
- Y. Bouchard and Son Enterprises
- LA BY AMBULANCE SERVICE INC.
- Paraxion Pre Hospital Services Inc. (Service points in Bas-Saint-Laurent, Chaudière-Appalaches, Côte-Nord, Gaspé and Laurentians)
Do you suffer from Vertex Syndrome?
Changes to real estate brokerage legislation in Quebec are still misunderstood
Canada’s GDP growth in the 1st quarter of 2023