A Connecticut woman has decided to sue the Chopt restaurant chain after she discovered she had chewed on a piece of human finger that had fallen into her salad, causing the establishment’s manager to cut himself.
Last April, Allison Cozzi, an American from Greenwich, was eating when she realized she was “chewing on a piece of a human finger that had been mixed with salad and was part of the salad,” according to the lawsuit. to CBS News.
A manager at an establishment in Mount Kisco, New York, accidentally found arugula in a customer’s salad after cutting her finger while preparing it, American media reported.
The employees are accused of mistakenly serving the contaminated salad to customers without realizing that the greens contained a piece of finger, except through a rush to the hospital.
But according to the lawsuit, the woman went into shock and then suffered panic attacks, migraines, cognitive impairment, nausea, dizziness and neck and shoulder pain after eating a finger in the salad.
At this time, the amount claimed for damages has not yet been determined, but the company has already paid a US$900 fine to the Westchester County Health Department for the incident.
Chopt Creative Salad Co., which has 70 franchises in the eastern United States. The restaurant chain isn’t the only one to misplace a finger: In 2016, a pregnant woman reportedly found a piece of bloody finger in her salad. Applebee’s is located in California, according to CBS News.
Similar incidents were repeated in Michigan in 2012, in a roast beef sandwich from an Arby’s restaurant, in Florida in 2010 in a fried chicken green salad at IHOP, and in 2005 in a pint of ice cream from ‘a Kohl’s. A frozen custard store in North Carolina, listed American media.