June 28, 2022

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

‘Heart of gold’ plumber dies after ‘being attacked by mob of 10 then run over’

'Heart of gold’ plumber dies after 'being attacked by mob of 10 then run over'

A plumber with a “heart of gold” was reportedly killed by a mob of 10 with “long bats” who ran him over outside a pub.

Frank Bulbrook, 34, was today revealed as the victim of an attack outside a pub in Bromley, south-east London, on Friday night.

Relatives confirmed the family man, who lived nearby, had died, telling the Sun they are baffled as to how anyone could want to hurt “well mannered and respectful” Frank.

It is alleged that a blue Transit van killed Frank as he fled from a group of men.

A fight had broken out at the Gordon Arms pub in Chislehurst in the borough of Bromley. Police found two men stabbed shortly before 9pm.

Frank Bulbrook was said to a well-mannered man known for helping people

Two minutes after the first call, officers were alerted to a collision involving a van and a pedestrian.

The van did not stop at the scene and was found abandoned nearby.

Frank’s mum Sarah was reportedly present when he died at the scene and was said to be hysterical with shock.

A family friend told the Sun: “I can see his beautiful blue eyes now. He was so handsome and very popular with the ladies.

“Frank was such a gentleman and very well mannered and respectful.

The Gordon Arms pub, Chislehurst, where the fight took place

“He’s going to be missed an awful lot. We will see that at his huge funeral which will be attended by hundreds of people, I’m sure. Everybody loved Frank.

READ  Nova Scotia Premier apologizes for systemic racism in the judiciary

“Frank was earnest and a good lad. I don’t know anyone that didn’t like him and he was never in trouble.”

Frank had recently broken up with his girlfriend and had moved in with his mum.

Frank’s mum was said to have been present

His brothers were spotted crying outside the house in Chislehurst this morning but said they could not talk about his death.

Flowers left at the scene carried a note which read: “Frankie Bulbrook. To me always a laugh, you would help anyone out. Absolute pleasure knowing you. Sleep tight Frank. RIP Brother.”

A neighbour told reporters Frank had “a heart of gold” and was known for helping others, being hard working for enjoyed gardening and taking his dogs for walks.

Forensics officers were seen outside the Gordon Arms pub on Friday night, with cordons in place following the man’s death.

Forensics officers were at the scene the following morning

An anonymous witness told reporters: “There was this huge brawl which started in the corner of the field. Two people were standing over the man on his back hitting him with bats before another four or five people jumped in on him.”

Homicide detectives say they believe the two incidents to be linked and have launched a murder investigation.

A Met Police spokesman said: “Enquiries are in their early stages however these incidents are currently being treated as linked.

“Extensive cordons and road closures are in place as enquiries continue. There have been no arrests.”

READ  The coronavirus was already taken to the Wuhan market by someone infected: the study

The incident has shocked locals

Officers were called at 8.52pm to Belmont Lane following reports of men fighting.

Minutes later the hit-and-run happened in nearby Slades Drive.

Neither of the stab victims is believed have suffered life-threatening injuries.

Both were taken to hospital.

The two men who were stabbed have been charged with murder, along with a third man.

The men, aged 30 and 26 years old, were both taken to a south London hospital for treatment.

A 20-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of murder on Saturday and is still in custody at south London police station.

Paramedics rushed to the scene and an air ambulance landed nearby.

Detective Chief Inspector Richard Leonard, said: “All three men sustained their injuries in a small area close to the Gordon Arms pub.

“I believe that there are people who may have witnessed the fight, and one of the victims being struck by a van, who are yet to speak with us. I would urge them to come forward.

“I would also like to hear from anyone who captured any images on their mobile phones. This could play an important part in our investigation.”