What took place:
- Kennedy spoke with The Wrap about the future of “Star Wars” franchise, “The Mandalorian” and Child Yoda. She outlined that the future of “Star Wars” stays in the air.
- She mentioned Lucasfilm will just take a “step again and definitely soak up what George (Lucas) designed.”
- “That’s what we have been performing, and we’ve been getting a terrific deal of fun doing it, and assembly with heaps of various filmmakers and expertise.”
Is the potential on Television?
- “The skill to be really character-pushed, with prolonged storytelling and linked storytelling … I imagine this area provides us a fantastic possibility to do that.”
- “There’s so quite a few lovers out there and so many filmmakers that have been motivated by ‘Star Wars ‘for so extended that it’s a great possibility to get a sense of who wishes to be a section of this.”
Television as a medium for “Star Wars” will let the franchise to return to its roots. Just about every of the movies are pretty much titled “episodes,” which implies just about every chapter in the trilogies is a piece of a much larger puzzle. Shifting over to the tv medium wholly — with the off film here or there that may possibly function a crossover party — enables “Star Wars” to embrace that thought to the fullest. Week-to-week episodes would allow for for improved storytelling, a bigger look at the “Star Wars” universe and a likelihood for producers to training course appropriate if they see their story isn’t fitting the invoice for lots of followers.