October 27, 2021

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

Novak Djokovic: John McEnroe says he’s going to be the worst man of his career ‘

The tennis grand slam that will be like nothing ever seen before
18-time Grand Slam winner disqualified US Open, He won the tournament to close the gap between Rafael Nadal’s total of 19 Grand Slam victories and Roger Federer’s 20 runs.

With the French Open set to begin at the end of the month, it is likely to add his all-time level to World No. 1 this reduced season – but has Serb damaged his reputation?

Seven-time Grand Slam champion John McEnroe, who is known for his provocations on the court, believes the incident will have an impact.

“I feel stressed,” McEnroe said to himself Disqualified from the 1990 Australian Open For misconduct, Told ESPN. “… Now whether he likes it or not, he’s going to be a bad guy throughout his career. It’s interesting to see how he handles it.”

“I did not say he would not recover,” McEnroe added. “If he embraces that role, I think he can recover. He’s chasing history. He’s trying to cross Rafa. [Nadal] And Roger [Federer].

“He’s young, we all know that. There are so many things for him, but it’s clearly he can not forget, whether he likes it or not.”

Djokovic left Flushing Meadows without speaking to the media, but wrote an apology on his Instagram account, saying “sorry for putting so much pressure on her”.

McEnroe is well aware of how difficult it is to shake the “bad boy” reputation in tennis and wonders what kind of reception Djokovic will receive when he returns to action for the Grand Slam at the French Open in Paris.

READ  Montreallers 55 and up: Can't wait to get vaccinated at Palais des Congress

“How does he deal with this going forward,” he said. “What kind of reaction does he get from other players? What kind of reaction does he get when fans start coming back to the sports arena?”

“All of these are problems you don’t know the answers to. I was shocked. He did it like he was head over heels with bones. He was in a very favorite situation.”

Disqualification is the latest incident during the difficult summer season for Djokovic. First, he organized a tournament in Croatia that failed to comply with the rules of social distance and led to him and many other top players. Positive test for Kovid-19.
Then, he formed the newly formed Players ‘Association, the Professional Tennis Players’ Association (PTPA), Drawing reviews From Federer and Nadal.

Kyrgios launches Twitter poll

Nick Kyrgios, often referred to as the “bad boy” of the current generation of tennis, posted his tongue on a Czech Twitter poll, asking what his punishment would be in the same situation.

“Change me for the Jokers [Djokovic’s] Incident. ‘Accidentally hitting a child in the throat with the ball,’ How many years should I be banned? ” He asked.

Five, 10 and 20 year options, won by a significant margin at the time of writing 20.

“We’ll bail you in jail now,” American player Tommy Paul responded.

Former British tennis player Tim Henman, who was disqualified under similar circumstances when the ball hit a girl at Wimbledon in 1995, believed Djokovic had made a mistake by not facing the media after the incident.

“Unfortunately he’s raising the error,” he told Prime. “He must confront it, apologize and admit that he did something wrong. In essence, by fleeing, it will continue for a long time.”

READ  Amazon Prime Day starts on October 13th

12-time Grand Slam winner Billy Jean King said the authorities had made the right decision.

“First I believe the line judge is right,” she tweeted. “Rule is rule. It’s unfortunate for everyone involved, but by default in this particular situation is the right call.”

Djokovic set a 26-0 record in Sunday’s match against Pablo Carreno Busta so far in 2020. Former tennis player Steve Doris has given credit to a man who was able to break Djokovic’s winning run – line judge.