October 26, 2021

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

World War 3 fears escalate as Trump rejects Russia’s expanded nuclear deal | World | News

World War 3 fears escalate as Trump rejects Russia's expanded nuclear deal |  World |  News

The President of Russia has proposed to unconditionally extend the New Strategic Disarmament Treaty (New START) for one year, which expires in February 2021. The Trump administration, however, has rejected calls to revive the new START, fearing that Russia will increase them. Storage of nuclear weapons despite the agreement. The new START, signed by then-President Barack Obama in 2011, limits the number of nuclear warheads the United States and Russia can control at any one time to 1,550.

Trump’s national security adviser Robert O’Brien announced that Washington had rejected the extension.

He said the United States had already proposed a one-year extension to give more time to negotiations on the deal, but both countries were suspending work on new nuclear weapons at this time.

He said in a written statement: “It was a success on both sides, and we believe that the Russians were ready to accept this offer when I met with my counterpart in Geneva.

“The United States is serious about arms control, which keeps the whole world safe.

“President Putin’s response today is non-starter to expand New Start without freezing nuclear warheads.”

Read more: World War 3: US refusal to extend nuclear deal causes chaos in Russia ‘deep crisis’

The Russians allege that Marshall Billingsia, Trump’s chief arms control negotiator, also missed a historic opportunity to extend the deal.

He commented on Twitter: “The United States has made every effort.

“The withdrawal of the Russian Federation for the first time on the agreement covering all nuclear warheads is disappointing.

“This is a historic agreement, good for the US, Russia and the world.”

READ  Where to Buy PS5: Restocking Updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon ...

Both Russia and the US have clashed in the past over the terms to revive the new START.

Russia has signaled its readiness to sign the agreement for another five years, but only without new conditions.

The United States also signed a new agreement to include China earlier this year.

Moscow has said a tripartite agreement with China is impossible, indicating that Beijing is refueling to negotiate.

The new START is the last remaining nuclear deal between Russia and the US.

The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty of the Cold War ended last year and was signed in 1987.

The INF has banned both countries from using missiles between 500 and 5,500 kilometers, but the United States has blamed Russia for terminating the deal.

At the time, Secretary of State Mike Pompey said: “Russia is solely responsible for the death of the agreement.”