Columbus Crew S.C. Convinced of what the final major game will be at MAPFRE Stadium, the first soccer-specific ground in league history, they have offered their greatest aspirations since the 25th Major League Soccer season that won the MLS Cup 2020.
Behind the show inspired by the club-record signing Lucas Jelroyan, The crew was severely beaten Seattle Sounders 3-0 at home on Saturday night, rejecting the Saunders Championship repeat and returning to the MLS peak for the first time since 2008. The crew, who entered the new ownership in 2018 after a fan-led movement to keep the club in Ohio, have been overtaken by Philip F. Incredible negativity to lift the Anshutz trophy.
Jelroyan put an exclamation point on himself MLS Cup MVP presented by Audi show, Icing the game 3-0 in the 82nd minute. Argentine playmaker a Louis Diaz Pass over the 18-yard box, and then hit his left-footed shot into the top corner to overcome clutch performance from the midfielder.
The crew is without a winger Pedro Santos And midfielder Darlington Nagbe Because of the COVID-19 positive cases, their absence is not noticeable – especially in the prevalent first half. Columbus found the back of the net in the 25th minute, with Jelroyan 1-0 for the hosts, riding to the back post and ready for a left-footed shot past the Seattle goalkeeper. Stephen Free, Deep from the right back, makes the opening cross high Harrison Full.
Six minutes later the crew doubled their lead Derrick Etienne Jr.. Delicate shot curling into the far corner of the house. The Haitian international winger took a 2-0 advantage in the 31st minute after Jelroyan faked his shot and picked up an angry pass, maneuvering with a one-time right-footed shot.
Seattle made four substitutes between half time and the 60th minute, including two outer backs, looking to recapture the magic of their comeback victory Minnesota United F.C. In Western Conference Final.
Those efforts have dwindled Nicholas Lodiro Removal from home almost cushions Jordan Morris In the 71st minute. Christian Roldan His corner-kick header missed the top corner in the 51st minute, and Morris hit the crossbar with a header in the 80th minute. Yet they could not get a past Eloy Room, Ended up with two savings after returning to the lineup.
Columbus scored the third goal in the first half, but responded well to keep the free powerful Gayasi Jardes Filmed in the 17th minute. The center of the crew collected the fluffy header from the forward Josh Williams From a corner kick, though his left-foot effort was denied on the door.
- 25 ‘- CLB – Lucas Jelroyan | See
- 31 ‘- CLB – Derrick Etienne Jr. | See
- 82 ‘- CLB – Lucas Jelroyan | See
- Large image: The crew is heading into a new soccer-specific stadium next year, and there is no better way to welcome this era with the title than this MLS Original Capping 2020. They also missed out on the playoffs in 2019, but were mostly in the supporters’ shield race this year until injuries occurred. Include in the post-season COVID-19 cases and there is a lot going on against the Caleb Porter team. But they went downhill, succeeding in convincing fashion and preventing Seattle from winning their third MLS Cup in five years. Sounders have a “there, that worked” card, but in the end it doesn’t matter.
- Man of the Match: Lucas Jelroyan was just a star to Crookie, providing two goals and one assist. He finished the 2020 MLS Cup playoffs with two goals and five assists in four games, proving why the crew made the former Tigers UNL midfielder a designated player.
- Moment of the match: A 2-0 goal from Derrick Etienne Jr. in the 31st minute sent a clear message to absolutely clinical and everyone watching. In the first part the crew is all over Seattle, and this insurance strike has formalized how the game unfolds.