(Sao Paulo) Zaire Bolsonaro’s health is developing “satisfactorily”, the Sao Paulo hospital, which transferred the Brazilian president the day before for intestinal obstruction, announced Thursday.
“He removed his nasogastric tube and is expected to resume feeding tomorrow (Friday),” the hospital said in its latest health report.
At present, the release date of the Brazilian president’s telecast live from his hospital bed on Thursday evening has not yet been determined.
He reiterated that the attack on him during the 2018 election campaign was the cause of his latest health problems.
“This closure is very dangerous, but thank God, since yesterday, it has evolved so that the possibility of an operation is really a long way off,” the president said, his words confirmed by the doctor who treated him.
Zaire Bolsonaro, 66, was rushed to an Armed Forces hospital in Brasilia from Tuesday to Wednesday due to severe abdominal pain and a hiccup attack that lasted more than ten days.
He was hospitalized in the intensive care unit and “pre-cautioned,” one of his sons, Senator Flavio Bolzonaro, suggested on the radio.
After being diagnosed with intestinal obstruction, the Brazilian president was transferred to the Vila Nova Star private hospital in S సాo Paulo late in the afternoon, where the medical team indicated that he would receive “early” emergency surgery except for any “conservative clinical treatment”.
On Thursday, another son of the head of state, Deputy Eduardo Bolsonaro, said in a video message in a telegram that “almost a liter of fluid” withdrawn from his father had accumulated in the stomach due to intestinal obstruction and that it was significant. Eased his pain.
The far-right leader talked about his hiccup problems last week after a dental implant.
“I have had hiccups for five days. It happened to me before, maybe because of the medication I was taking, I had hiccups 24 hours a day, ”he said during his weekly Facebook feed.
Since being stabbed in the intestine in September 2018, while campaigning for the presidency, Mr Bolsonaro has undergone six surgeries, including five on the digestive system.
Amid allegations of corruption in the agreements his government negotiated to tackle the already-occurring COVID-19 epidemic, the Brazilian president has been admitted to a new hospital in the wake of the political crisis and the decline in his popularity. 540,000 deaths in the country.
He also extended the Senate committee that had been investigating his government’s health crisis management for almost three months to just 90 days.