October 20, 2021

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

Legalt does not accept Ottawa’s me for its third link

Legalt does not accept Ottawa's me for its third link

Franకోois Legalt did not agree with the Trudeau government’s unfavorable response to a request to finance 40% of the highway tunnel project between Quebec and Lewis.

Also read: Legalt opposes the debate over the vaccine passport

“I do not agree with Mr. Duclos’ answer. […] If the federal government decides to finance 40% of the Quebec-Lewis tunnel, it can do so, ”he told a press conference in Quebec on Wednesday.

Last week, the Trudeau government rejected its demand to pay 40% of the Third Link project, valued at $ 10 billion. “We already know that a good portion of the third link between Lewis and Quebec will not be funded by the Canadian government, because it is a highway project,” Federal Minister Jean-Yves Duclos replied.

Amounts may be given for part of the reserved tracks of the project, but this is not certain, as current federal programs finance large projects such as street cars or electric trains.

However, Franకోois Legalt argued that Ottawa had distributed $ 260 million for the expansion of Highway 19 north of Montreal, which also included a reserved lane. He argued that LPC would support a road link project between Newfoundland and Labrador. “The government has all the powers,” he said.

He is counting on a hypothetical federal election campaign to put pressure on all federal political parties. “It will be an important thing, we are preparing requests. And funding 40% in an important demand tunnel,” he said.