Negotiations between the Canadian National (CN) and Ottawa for the purchase of the Quebec Bridge are stalled.
With the call for an upcoming federal election, it was reported that it was time for the two sides to come to an agreement. A source close to the file said it was impossible to reach an agreement on Quebec government cooperation.
The Quebec Bridge is owned by CN, but the Quebec Ministry of Transport (MTQ) is the main customer. No one on MTQ was able to comment on the matter on Saturday.
So it goes back to the first place. Last month, however, the Canadian National made a negotiator Pierre Lorty mandatory. Second is the responsibility of managing the file with Federal Government Representative Yvonne Charest.
Necessary financial support
Last spring, Ottawa said it was imperative that all partners cooperate financially to reach an agreement. There is also the question of sharing operating costs equally in the short, medium and long term.
In 2020, a report written by Yvonne Charest estimates that major painting and maintenance work on the structure will be carried out. At the time, there was talk of a $ 784 million investment over 25 years.
The results of the so-called federal election on Sunday could have an impact on the next steps in this file.