November 27, 2022

The Queens County Citizen

Complete Canadian News World

Beck has left the Arcade Fire tour

Beck has left the Arcade Fire tour

Beck Hansen will no longer be opening Arcade Fire’s North American tour, it has been confirmed Billboard Friday

Updated yesterday at 11:09 pm.

Delphine Belgium

Delphine Belgium
Press

Songwriter Beck Hansen has decided to pull out of Arcade Fire’s North American tour, for reasons still unknown. His departure comes nearly two months after Canadian indie rock band Vin Butler was accused of sexual misconduct.

Evenco announced on Friday that Haitian group Boukman Experience will open for Arcade Fire at the Bell Center on December 3rd. The show closes the group’s North American tour, which begins in ten days in the United States.

Last August, four people told American media outlet Pitchfork that they had been sexually assaulted by Arcade Fire’s lead singer.

The alleged sexual misconduct took place between 2015 and 2020.

The second artist to retire

Win Butler immediately denied the allegations, stating that there were never any consensual relationships. “I have never touched a woman against her will, and any insinuation to that effect is simply false,” he said following an American media investigation.

Beck is the second artist to leave the Arcade Fire tour. Canadian musician Leslie Feist pulled out early due to allegations of sexual misconduct against the singer during the band’s European tour. Feist opened two concerts in Dublin before hearing the comments.

Radio stations such as CBC Music stopped playing the band’s songs after Pitchfork’s release.

At the time of this writing, Press Sony Music, Arcade Fire’s record company, has not yet received a response.

READ  Gaming Connecting Day combines e-sport