The spread of influenza viruses is intensifying in the metropolitan area. At the end Weekly Influenza Surveillance Bulletin, Sante Publique France emphasizes the following key points:
During the 52nd week (December 27, 2021 to January 2, 2022), influenza activity increased in most areas., Ile de France, Occitania and the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region are in the pre-epidemic stage, with the exception of Corsica.
Most indicators of influenza in adults are increasing:
- The consultation rate for ILI is 106 per 100,000 population (Sentinels Network) At week 52, there is a 66% increase compared to week 51, which is mainly maintained by 5-14 year olds and 15-64 year olds.
- There was a slight decrease in the number of emergency room visits for illnesses such as influenza or influenza with 2,501 visits (2,741, or –9% in W51), but the number of hospital admissions increased after going to the emergency room (309 in the 52nd week as opposed to 268 in the 51st week, i.e. + 15%).
- From week 40, out of 211 intensive care units involved in surveillance, 53 cases of severe influenza were reported in week 52, week 14. Of these, 25 cases involved children under 15 years of age, which is higher than in previous seasons. . Two deaths have been reported in children less than 2 years of age due to the A (H1N1) pdm09 virus.
- In CitiMedicine: From week 40, out of 841 samples taken by physicians from the Sentinels Network, 77 were found to have influenza viruses, and by week 52, 9 (31% positivity rate) and all 51 types of A viruses were detected (week 20% positive).
- Currently, the most prevalent virus is the Influenza A (H1N1) pdm09 virus (of the 77 viruses found in the city, 43 belong to the pdm09 subtype, 31 (H3N2) subtype) and 3 are not subtype)
Although French health officials have vaccinated nearly 12 million people Seasonal flu, There is still a large margin of progress to limit the impact of the influenza pandemic, in line with the fifth wave of occurrence Kovid19 It has a major impact on the supply of care, especially in hospitals, including pediatric intensive care.
It is important to continue the vaccination effort against the flu, in order to limit the spread of the influenza virus in the territory, the severe forms of influenza, including the young, and to limit the impact on the health system.
For these reasons, The seasonal flu vaccine campaign has been extended to February 28, 2022. Vaccines of targeted individuals are covered by health insurance through recommendations made after January 31st.
Vaccine decision support system and Digital vaccination record MyVaccines updated with this information.
Source: Directorate General of Health. Ministry of Solidarity and Health.